Day Trip to Båstad

School has been a tad stressful the last two weeks. I felt like I just trudged between school, home and Malmo (see here if you want to know why I was spending so much time in Malmo) I was constantly working and thinking about my assignments. Since our due date was Tuesday of this week, a few girls got together to take a take trip to Båstad.

Known as the Swedish Riviera or Hamptons of Sweden, Båstad lies on the northwest coast in the Skane region of Sweden. Swedes will flock to the city during summer. The city also holds a large tennis tournament which has seen legends like Bjorn Borg and the Williams sisters. The city was very empty and quiet but that was nice. We had no troubles finding a parking spot. We brought a picnic lunch to enjoy by the harbor after a stroll around the city.

The afternoon ended with a fika (of course).



The tide was abnormally low. We were able to walk pretty far out and find lots of sea shells.


Wild Rose seeds (or at least that's what wikipedia said)


Little changing rooms and storage houses were all over the beach.


St. Mary's Church in central Båstad. 


I don't know if y'all can tell, but I am just in love with the typical Swedish house style in the Skane region. They are just too sweet. 


Bjorn Borg territory 


Båstad Harbor


Perfect little streets



your little mouse

Comments

  1. These photos are so lovely! I'd love to visit Sweden someday – I got my first taste of Europe in Iceland last month and it was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading Jessica! Yes, Sweden is so so so lovely. I thought summer here was great so I'm excited to see how fall and winter look. Iceland is on my travel list!

      Delete
  2. These are such awesome photos! Looks like a great place to visit.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts